New Year, New You!
Posted on 27 December 2016
I feel like giving myself one resolution for the whole year can be a bit much at times. Say I wanted to lose weight, am i supposed to spend ALL year on the cabbage soup diet?
This year i have decided to give myself a new resolution or task for each month. This way I only have to focus on one task for a short amount of time, and by the end of 2017, I will feel great and improve my life!
JANUARY (SAVE MONEY MONTH)
- Cancel any subscriptions you are not using.
- Take any old clothing you no longer want in to a consignment store!
- Start packing a lunch rather than buying one.
- Make your coffee and bagel at home in the morning instead of swinging by tims!
February (Practice Mindfulness)
- Unplug yourself, spend less time looking at your celly and take one day a week off of social media! (i know...good luck)
- Smile More ! :)
- Compliment someone once a day.
March (Get organised)
- Go through your house and remove any expired foods, makeup, or medications.
- Turn your hangers around in your closet. When you wear something turn the hanger back around. By the end of the year throw away the items you haven't worn and DO NOT need.
- Purchase a day planner, physically write down your schedule so you do not overbook or miss plans.
April ( De-stress)
- Take up meditation. There are youtube tutorials if you are unsure how to do so.
- Buy a colouring book and colour. It is proven to work as a form creative therapy.
- Start gardening. It will give you a routine, remove stress, and BONUS you can eat what you grow and save money!
May (Eat More Fruits and Veggies)
- Drink your veggies! Invest in a juicer or a blender to start your day off with smoothies!
- Keep healthy snacks around like fruit and nuts, and get rid of salty unhealthy snacks like chips and sugary cereals.
- Start a "meatless monday".
June (Value Experiences)
- Get involved in a group! (Running group, book club, cooking class)
- Go see more shows and concerts! It IS festival season after all.
- Plan a vacation! Even if its just a night in Toronto or camping somewhere random.
July (Drink More Water)
- Buy a 32 oz water bottle, drink it before noon, and then refill it and finish it again before dinner.
- Make fruit fusion waters! By adding different fruits and veggies to your water you improve your overall health and it tastes better!
- Eat your water! (I'm not talking ice cubes) Cucumbers are 97% water. Watermelon, celery, and peppers are also high in water percentage.
August (Switch Up Your Workout)
- Don't have a workout plan? No problem! Get into shape with a beginner program like "30 day shred". Many apps are available to get in to a workout routine.
- Use the machines at the gym you are unfamiliar with. Look it up on youtube at get in there!
- Join a fitness class like zumba, pilates, or yoga!
September (Learn A New Skill)
- Download the app "Duolingo" and learn a new language!
- Learn a new instrument or dance on youtube!
- Learn how to create a strong password for your social media accounts and pins.
- Do not leave the box of your new belongings outside your house for the garbage man. Everyone will see your new items packaging.
- Single? Take a step back and spend more times with your friends and family!
November (Control Portion Sizes)
- Buy smaller dinner plates! Your eyes are bigger than your stomach!
- Divide your plate in a healthy way; half veggies, 1/4 protein, and 1/4 starch.
- Eat a nice healthy dinner before heading to parties. This will leave you less hungry which means you'll be grabbing less treats.
December (Practice Generosity)
- Get involved in charity! Look up different charities that interest you and involve yourself in the funding.
- Volunteer! You feel great after and you know that you've helped out in a great way. Some volunteering is fun! Be a model for a charity fashion show, or involve yourself in an event coming to your town.
This is going to be the year of YOU! Get in touch with your true self and focus on improvements always!Follow us on snap chat! : elle-couture
or me on insta! : lisagueerl